*Warning* This project will make your home/Care Center smell like a bar of soap. Please use common sense when executing this project.
Place a piece of waxed paper in your microwave, then place the bar of soap on top of the parchment. This really doesn't make a mess, so don’t worry. We started out with one minute, which gave us a good result. Had we known better, we would have stopped at one minute, but we decided to spring for two minutes and got burnt soap. As an FYI; Burnt soap makes a lot of soap smelling smoke...
**As a bonus sensory exorcise, we let the children play with their expanded soap n the sink. They really enjoyed feeling the different textures of the soap, and watching it melt away.
1. Go for a walk and collect sticks and leaves.
2. Glue the sticks and leaves onto poster board paper. (Your child can try to make it look like a tree, or any other design they would like).
Good to know:
Sticks and leaves with a flat surface work best.
Here is what you will need: Borax, hot water, string, jar, pencil, and a pipe cleaner.
1. Have your child shape their pipe cleaner into whatever shape they want.
2. Put 1/2 cup Borax into the jar.
3. Pour 3 cups of boiling water into the jar with the Borax and mix until dissolved.
4. Tie the string onto the end of the pipe cleaner, and loop a pencil around the other end of the string and slowly lower into the jar (making sure that the pipe cleaner is not touching the bottom of the jar and is fully submerged into the water ).
5. Leave overnight......When you wake up in the morning go check on them and see how awesome they look!!